Friday, February 12, 2010

Some of us take pictures in the dark!

So I have to give credit to my friend Karl Johnston who lives way way way up north in Canada and takes pictures of the Northern Lights. This guy is lucky that he can view them, since we don’t get much down here. So those of us who like to be out at night are forced to find other stuff to take pics of!

He is over at - http://www.karljohnston.com/


For the rest of us we are left to bridges, buildings, walking about town, and trees!




If you’ve wondered what iso 12,000+ looked like on film, this is it! My RB67 is limited to a 1 second shutter, and due to this I have to work with what I can to get an image. (Ok, I can go longer, but it’s a pain, and it’s less of a pain to drag out the 4x5, which is what I’m going to start doing.)




Again I’m putting up with the limits of my camera, and it was pretty dark, but it’s a pretty cool gritty image of the Mill City area in Minneapolis.



This is from a friend and I walking around Loring Park before or after getting some beers – I forget – anyway I got some pretty cool shots with more up on my website!






I guess this is what happens when I’ve had a few drinks and think that wiping off my snow covered lens with a wool glove is a good idea – it isn’t. But, it’s a pretty cool effect, kind of along the lines of putting Vaseline over a lens.


A lot more low light images up on my website! http://www.andrewthomasevans.com/













1 comment:

  1. That is a really cool affect. Kind of looks like whispy snow when the wind starts blowing real hard. I need to start doing some film too, you're inspiring me to start film just like I inspired you to shoot at night! :p

    ReplyDelete